Saturday, March 5, 2011

Emerald City ComiCon

I just got back from Emerald City ComiCon, and geez... it was truly an epic of epic epicness.

Granted, the epic was slightly toned down in that we missed Wil Wheaton's panel on Friday; but those Epic Points were mostly gained back after seeing him do a Guild panel with Felicia Day and Amy Okuda, which was as hilarious as you'd expect.

There were also some truly awesome cosplays there; sadly, I didn't get as many pics as I would have liked.

Now, I'll admit- when it comes to the realm of geek, I'm definitely more anime (though I'm also a lit geek, and consider myself a gamer). However, they seemed to have something for everyone there. My little siblings, whose ages go from 7 to 11, very much enjoyed themselves for several hours. There was, obviously, a plethora of comics; but there were also steam punk booths; anime/manga booths; Star Trek/Wars booths; Buffy/Firely/Dollhouse/etc booths; even aRocky Horror Picture Show booth, manned by a group who performs the show- in full, costume, of course.

And with such a huge exhibitor's hall, it would be hard not to buy anything- so, I did succumb to my geeky urges several times. One of my favourite purchases, though, was definitely an awesome pair of D20 earrings.

I was only there a few hours, so I'm afraid I don't have much more to offer. Stay tuned for the Sakura Con write up in April!



No comments:

Post a Comment